slotdragster.com Forum Index slotdragster.com
European slot drag racing forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7 Days to go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    slotdragster.com Forum Index -> Winternationals info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragaddict
Gp.7-Magnet-Zerbrösler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: 7 Days to go Reply with quote

Hi to all the racers that are going to be present for this Winternationals, wishing all the good luck and fun racing and learning together in this event. Very Happy
Osku
Forums-Guru - keine Zeit mehr zum Fahren

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vince,

See you and the rest of the guys next Friday.
I have four cars working OK, three cars with some technical problems I have to figure out and two cars that I haven't even tested yet.
Exciting times ahead for all of us...

Cheers,
Osku
Dragaddict
Gp.7-Magnet-Zerbrösler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Osku, looking forward to meet all of you on Friday, bad to know that you've got some cars with some technical problems, please let me know
if I can help. Cool
Kescha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I am also looking forward to meet you in a few days - have a safe trip.

to Osku: Donīt worry about your cars - Iīll do my best to help all racers on Friday and am sure all af your cars will be ready to race by Saturday morning.

Cheers and thanks again to all for making our race bigger then ever,
Kescha
Osku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kescha,

At this moment I'm way too tired to worry too much about anything, LOL

To me, solving problems succesfully is perhaps the most rewarding part of this hobby.
And if there happens to be something in my cars that cannot be fixed during the weekend, I can still learn from them and build better cars in the future.
So I'm OK, and just happy to finally meet you and all of the other racers.

Thanks again for all of your hard work organizing the Winternats, and thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Osku
Kescha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Osku,

youīre very welcome, I feel very much the same.
Solving problems is a major part of the fun and I am actually glad if I can fiddle with other racers cars on Friday instead of weakening my own stuff (which is ready to race).
As long as you trust me (I keep forgetting we have to race each other the next two days) Iīll be happy to try to make your cars run better.

btw, where/how do you test your cars - I thought your (the Finnish) track was only assembled for the points races?

Cheers,
Kescha
Osku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kescha,

Kescha wrote:

youīre very welcome, I feel very much the same.
Solving problems is a major part of the fun and I am actually glad if I can fiddle with other racers cars on Friday instead of weakening my own stuff (which is ready to race).
As long as you trust me (I keep forgetting we have to race each other the next two days) Iīll be happy to try to make your cars run better.

Don't worry, I trust you 100% Very Happy
I believe helping others and making racing tighter is also for your best interest, since you and your fellow racers are the organizers.

Kescha wrote:
btw, where/how do you test your cars - I thought your (the Finnish) track was only assembled for the points races?

We usually have two or three testing days per year also.
Not for this year though, so I've done all the testing during a race days.
We had our 2nd Points Race two days ago and I used every single free moment for test passes. As long as there was no Qualifications or Eliminations going on at the track.
Not much time for trying different gearing ratios, not to mention trying different pinions. Basically just making sure the cars launch straight and make smooth passes.

Also, this time my fellow racers were very supportive.
After the racing was over they just hang around for 45 minutes so I had the whole track just for the testing.
I thanked them by showing them (in my opinion) the funniest pass in two years, with that red TG/FC of mine. In that pass the wheel set screw got loose, the car "parked" nicely at the side of the track and the left rear tire kept going. Too bad the tire didn't cross the sensor light so I'm not sure about the ET. Under 10 seconds anyway Mr. Green

Cheers,
Osku
Kescha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did it go, then? Still leading the points in the Stock class or have the Hamidullas taken over?

I just looked at the FHRA website and the results havenīt been posted, yet (no complaints, though, 2 days after the race).

I just reset our G7 track record in testing last Friday (0.493) with a brand new car I donīt even own - built it for a guy from Germany who should pick it up at the Winternats.

So I am always working on improving the competition.

Cheers,
Kescha
Osku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In Stock: a second round loss against Kimi Hamidulla (surprise ? well, not really)
I tried smaller dia ProTracks in my Vette and messed up the gearing ratio totally. I didn't have that much time to figure it out so i had no chance against Kimi.
I played safe with my RT hoping Kimi would redlight but no, he was the Mr. Cool he usually is.

I was busy testing after the racing ended and Teukka was was busy discussing with one of the FHRA bosses, so at the moment I have no idea about the points situation.
Thenagain, only six races out of seven counts so I can afford to lose one. Just need to concentrate on that Vette before our next race.

In Street-class I managed to end the dominance of the Hamidullas. Not in points yet since I didn't participate the first race but this was a really easy win.
I did already gave up hope with that burgundy-colored Camaro after last spring testing sessions.
Last Friday night I decided I should give it one more chance with quicky assemled Mura Red Dot setup and ProSlot G12 arm and bang: the fastest Street-class car at the moment.
With a little tweaking, a new record should be a piece of cake Cool

Cheers,
Osku

EDIT: btw, Sami and Kimi hamidulla live in Kerava too, so the fastest cars and the best driver (Kimi) all come from here.

And congratulations about the new record in G7. From my point of wiew, the credit goes to the builder/driver, no matter who owns the car Very Happy
Kescha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Osku,

congrats as well on your Street win and record - Iīm curious how your G12 will fare against the Maltese, French and our machinery.

For the sealed S16D cars, the narrow Pro Track fish tires seem to be the way to go, but you need to get the gear ratio right, of course.
I run 9-29 to 9-32 on my cars (with 1.01 x .300 tires), at the moment both cars are 9-31.

Cheers,
Kescha

PS: In case you were wondering where Fred has been hiding lately, he called me yesterday and will arrive in Friedrichshafen on Thursday afternoon. He does not have internet access at the moment because he has moved recantly and also has a new job which has kept him very busy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    slotdragster.com Forum Index -> Winternationals info All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: